1.8

The initial deal lured you in but I can tell you the service after they have you on contract is terrible.

Here is the issue. Lets say the next big movie is coming out. Great, we will charge you when the order ships. However, here is the scam. They create a shipping label months in advance and charge your credit card. Shipping says the item is awaiting shipper item. Now, I pay interest for an item I don’t have and DMC knows won’t ship for months. Now fast forward to the actual release. The item should ship and arrive at your door right? Wrong. 2 weeks later still no dvd and still being charged interest.

Customer service tells me wait 2 more weeks and call them back. This is some pre internet, catalogue order level of service.

Also, once you do cancel they lock you out forever. You can’t log in or call with your member number. So make sure nothing is pending and you’ve deleted your credit cards bc they will still try to bill you after canceling and unless your card company helps you out you can’t stop it.

Anyways take a minute to file a complaint with the FTC as these are all illegal tactics for a “magical” company.

Review about: Disney Movie Club Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

DMCMemberAdvocate

Please let me help! I am the Member Advocate for the Disney Movie Club and I can resolve any of your concerns.

Please give me a call at 800-459-7002, 9 a.m.

to 6 p.m., EST, Monday – Friday, or if it works better to email you can feel free to email me directly at memberadvocate@movieclubinfo.com with details. I am here to make this a better experience for you.PriscillaMember Advocate

ExemplaryBlueLacyDog

Here is the FTC contact info. I just filed for my own problems with DMC...www.ftc.gov/complaint or call 1-877-FTC-HELP.

DMCMemberAdvocate
to ExemplaryBlueLacyDog #1499754

Please give me a call at 800-459-7002, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., EST, Monday – Friday, or if email is easier, please email me directly for assistance - memberadvocate@movieclubinfo.com with details. Please know that we are here to make this a better experience for you so do not hesitate to reach out.PriscillaMember AdvocateDisney Movie Club

Not true and I have been a member for years. Don’t leave a credit card. Pay by card then delete card or get bill me.

Nothing in this complaint makes sense. I've been a member for a couple of years now and they don't charge ahead of time for pre-orders, they charge the day they ship.

So if that happened then it was a mistake.

Also, it's NOT Disney's fault that you don't pay your bills. If you are being charged interest it's because you didn't pay your credit card bill.You need to grow up.

Jwire25
to Anonymous #1439667

They printed a label in advance and charged at that time and never shipped. In theory you are correct they only charge when they ship.

In this case they never shipped.And also a fact they told me to wait 2 more weeks.Additionally, my bank account earns around 4% interest so having lost the amount of the dvd for multiple cycles that is lost interest earned.It’s unjust enrichment.Additionally a credit card charges interest if you don’t pay the full amount owed instead of the minimum monthly payment. So one could pay their bills and still have an interest charge.The Disney club is fine until it’s not and people should know their resolution team and process is garbage and predatory.