1.1K views
2.3

So, like everyone I bought into the idea with the first 6 movies being only $5 each.Good deal, I thought.

I knew we were obligated to purchase another 5 movies at full price before being able to opt out. I figured we would at some point and was fine with that too. Then I realized just how infuriating the process was. Without going online EVERY MONTH to respond to that month's featured title, it's shipped and invoiced to you automatically.

If you forget to respond, you get the hassle of returning it and that's not always easy nor is your credit card refunded quickly. It seemed like there was always a balance on our account as a result. But that's not even the worst part. Should you choose to receive that month's featured title or any other movie, the price must be at least $19 to count towards your purchase commitment.

Then Disney uses this genius pricing model where they "discount" all their ordinary DVD's to $13 or $16 which is just UNDER the price you need to pay to count towards your commitment, so you end up having to purchase their Platinum-Special-Addition-Blu-Ray *** for $24 that they're just trying to clear from their inventory and spending MORE THAN YOU WOULD HAVE BUYING IT FROM AMAZON OR TARGET!! They hook you with the introductory offer and you're in indentured servitude for the remainder of your contract. NOT impressed, Disney.

Don't fall for the Disney "magic", people.It's just code for a headache money down the drain.

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Disney Movie Club. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Disney Movie Club.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Entertainment category for more informed decision or compare Disney Movie Club to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Disney Movie Club?

Comments

DMCMemberAdvocate

I would like to introduce myself.My name is Priscilla, and I am the Member Advocate for the Disney Movie Club.

I would love to assist you to make this a more magical experience.Please feel free to contact me directly at 800-459-7002 or memberadvocate@movieclubinfo.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Priscilla

Member Advocate

Disney Movie Club

"Without going online EVERY MONTH to respond to that month's featured title,"

EVERY MONTH" LOL wanna bet.I didn't forget.

I checked every week.

I declined their featured title for Dec on Dec 2nd by the10th there was no featured title. But they sent two movies that was NOT featured titles on the 14th.

From the 11th to the 14th mailing day.

They snuck in a feature title and did not give me the option to decline.

That's definitely not 10 days to decide and its not every 4 weeks they have a featured title like their contract states.

I did not order them, nor were they featured titles in the contract time frame, nor did I have the option to decline them.Sorry even their fine print don't say anything about that.

Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States #1067857

If you are currently being automatically charged for a month's featured title, would that go toward one out of the five movies one is committed to purchase?

to jMeza13 #1068298

If you keep it and pay for it and it's at least $19, yes. But we didn''t want half the titles that got sent.

to jMeza13 #1092113