Resolved
2.5
Ease of Use
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Jan 09

DMC refunded my money and replied to my email to their Member Advocate Department. A woman named Linda explained what happened, and that the item had been shipped already.

I have to return the item or else I will be charged again for it. Apparently this was a Featured Title in December (I decline them all online, so there could have been a glitch with all the Holiday shopping and how ridiculous their site is to begin with, but it could have also been my own fault. Either way, they were helpful and are seemingly not in the business of scamming people.

I will review again if I find there are more issues. Once I meet my 5 movie commitment, I will more than likely cancel my account to avoid any more mishaps.

Original review posted by user Jan 09

I think DMC went on a scam spree recently based on all these reviews.

They got me, too. 37$ straight from my account. But I got it back.

The item they claim I ordered does not cost 37$. It was not the featured title. Nowhere in their “contract” do they claim authorization to charge you for anything without your knowledge or consent. The only way you will be charged is if you physically order from ther website, or you ignore the email AND regular mail informing you of the next Featured Title.

I sent a strongly worded email to their Member Advocate department. (I found the email address on another review site - one of their advocates replied to a review about unauthorized charges and asked the reviewer to email her so she could help). The next day I called them, but after 45 min of being on hold, I hung up. Today I called my bank to dispute the charge, and they informed me that the money had been returned. I’m assuming my email worked, but no reply yet.

MemberAdvocate@movieclubinfo.com