Thought I was signing up for four movies for $1 and that it would be fun to see occasional emails about good deals. I've gotten multiple emails daily, then they charged my account for two movies randomly which I received a bill for over $40.

When I tried signing into my account, it said it didn't recognize my email (even though I had been receiving incessant emails from them). Called to cancel my account: she said I had to buy out the contract or send the four movies back. Said she would send me a return slip so I wouldn't have to pay for postage.

We will see if I get that return postage. I do not know if this company is sponsored by the actual Disney company, but it doesn't seem like it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Disney Movie Club Membership.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 05.

Comments

DMCMemberAdvocate

That is definately not the experience we want you to have with the Disney Movie Club. Please let me help you.

I am the Member Advocate with the Disney Movie Club. I can assist you with your Membership. If you have questions, please reach out to me directly at memberadvocate@movieclubinfo.com. In the meantime, here's a brief rundown on how the Membership works.

When you sign up for your Disney Movie Club membership, you receive an initial discounted order with a commitment of purchasing a certain number of movies at full club price within 2 years. These can be any movie of your choice to fulfill your commitment. We want you to get the movies you want. We have a Featured Title program as part of your membership agreement with the Disney Movie Club.

Here is how it works: About every 3-4 weeks, up to 15 times a year, we send a Featured Title notification to every member. It is every member’s responsibility to respond to the Featured Title by the date indicated on the notification. You are not obligated to purchase the Featured Title selection. You are welcome to order other selections in its place or nothing at all.

However, if a response is not received by the due date, either declining or accepting the Featured Title, it will automatically be shipped and billed to you on the method of payment you placed on your Membership upon sign up. Hope this helps.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly with any further questions. Priscilla, Member Advocate Disney Movie Club