I never did anything to join this "club" but started receiving movies, and my credit card was being charged.Of course, I sent the movies back.

I have no idea how they got my credit card number.

What is even more strange is the fact that they were originally billing a credit card that expired 6/30/12, then continued to bill via the replacement card, for which they somehow obtained the new card's expiration date and security code.I had to cancel my credit card yesterday, and hopefully this will end, but I'll have to wait and see if I am refunded any of the charges that I never consented to.

Had an Experience with Disney Movie Club?

Comments

Please feel free to contact me directly regarding the Disney Movie Club. I am the Member Advocate for the Club and I can help you resolve any concern you may have, explain everything about the club. My direct email is memberadvocate@movieclubinfo.com and phone number is 800-459-7002. I am here to help!

Priscilla

Member Advocate

Disney Movie Club

Please feel free to contact me directly regarding the Disney Movie Club. I am the Member Advocate for the Club and I can help you resolve any concern you may have. My direct email is memberadvocate@movieclubinfo.com and phone number is 800-459-7002. I am here to help!

Priscilla

Member Advocate

Disney Movie Club

I thought Disney Movie Club sounded like a good deal.I ordered my first 5 movies at discounted rates and was under the impression I would be sent a postcard each month asking if I wanted that particular movie or not.

I recieved the initial 5. Then never saw another package or letter from them, yet was recieving the monthly emails. When I would try to log in to the site, it would tell me my account number was invalid. When I tried to call the customer service number, it would tell me to enter my account number...

which was "invalid"... yet they sent the account number at the top of every email they sent me. I had no way to get ahold of them! I find out recently that they charged nearly $500 in movies to my account.

And apparently shipped them to someone that lives in an entirely different city... no where near me. My bank finally found me a number to call (IN CANADA) and the lady who I spoke with kept trying to get me to buy more movies. Finally after reaching the point of yelling and telling her I wasn't buying ANYTHING, I just want my money refunded, she agreed to refund it.

Then they only refunded a portion to my card, and that's not including overdraft fees when they would take out 45$ without my knowledge. I've learned my lesson, I need to keep a better eye on my bank account log. But I would NEVER advise anyone to join Disney Movie Club. NEVER.

I just tried to go to their web page and it's just pulling up an error message after...

Dear Anonymous from Shelby, NC.

Your Credit card more then likely was used by a hacker who obtained it from an online shop they stole CCs from, then the card was used to complete an "Offer" on a website and they then get the credit for said offer while your card is charged. Immediately contact your bank for a NEW bank card and pin, do not share it with anyone, and think about signing up for an online payment source like paypal so you dont have to directly share your card