2.7

I called Disney's Movie Club to decline the featured title, hoping that I would catch it before it was mailed out. They already mailed it out and told me that once I shipped back the DVD then my account be exponged and no additional charges would ecru; the cast member also told me that I would be able to close the account entirely.

I called back recently after receiving a giant bill for the same feature and I was told that I still needed to ship the movie back (which is fine, I get it), however, I wouldn't be able to close the account until I purchased 5 DVDs at regular price. Apparently, this is in the fine print of my contract.

Beware and don't sign up for this. You can purchase the same movies for half the price at a retail outlet like Target or Warlmart.

Product or Service Mentioned: Disney Movie Club Membership.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: The company needs to educate their cast members so that they are able to tell their members important information up front. You need to make your "fine print" giant print so that people are clear on what they are signing up for. Too many loop-holes..

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 18, 2017.

Comments

So they want you to purchase the DVDs that you clearly agreed to purchase in your membership sign up and you're pissed? Also it sounds like you called to decline after the movie shipped.

They give you ample notice to get those declinations in. I'm so sick and tired of people refusing to read before they sign.

to Anonymous #1441142

The issue here is that the cast member did not educate me (the caller, customer) on the fine print when I called in and made me a promise that they couldn't own up to. If they didn't know or weren't absolutely able to fulfill my request during that call then they should have said exactly that.

Another thing, I definitely didn't see the information when I signed up because it was exactly "fine print," so small I didn't register the information on the page. Classic bait and hook scheme, if you ask me.Thanks for your comment, though definitely not needed.

DMCMemberAdvocate

Thank you for your valuable insights. I will forward your comments along to our Marketing Team. I would be able to assist you with your account, please give me a call at 800-459-7002 or email me with details so I can make this a more magical experience for you.

Priscilla