Disney Movie Club Is A Scam

Ok so I joined the Disney Movie Club by responding to an offer 4 movies for the price of 14.95 and it had said in the terms that i had to buy five movies before i could close my account and i agreed but the part they didnt say is that i wouldnt get to pick the five movies which i think is bull *** if im going to pay for movies i should at least choose the movies i want to pay for. I mean the movies they are sending me arent bad movies i love disney but for example The newest Pirates of the carribean is being sent to me i really dont want that movie because to be honest i thought that one was ***

review #270615
139 10 Helpful?
Had the same issue10 Comments24
Had an experience with Disney Movie Club?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
thatguywithanopinion

Apr 20 #974250 Stoney Creek, Ontario

I've been a member for over a year now and I fail to see the problem??
I've fulfilled my 5 movie agreement and yes they do send me a card every month asking if I want the feature title. If I say no I do not get charged and the movie is not sent to me.
Now that I am a vip I get free stuff from them and better deals. As of yet I have not had an issue.
I'm willing to bet that most of you people on here(especially the ones that can't spell)that feel they have been ripped off either didn't read the agreements and just signed away or are not sending there cards as a no to the feature title.
LEARN TO READ BEFORE YOU ENTER AND AGREEMENT!!!

Joshua Glowzinski

Nov 07, 2014 #896697 Glen Burnie, Maryland

You can pick the movies you get. You get the ones for like a dollar each. Then, after that, you must buy 5 movies at their original price. You can go onto their site. You buy a movie, when you add it to your cart, it will say that it counts towards your membership. I have a platinum member and still, movies I get say they count towards it. I do not know if I move up from there.

WENDY

Nov 07, 2014 #896614 Dallas, Texas

I have been a member for a while now as well. I think the part that is confusing to new members is that they think their obligation is filled when they purchase any movies for DMC, however in the membership papers is clearly states if the movie you buy is on sale it is not counted toward your obligation. You have to buy the obligated amount of movies at the full price. I am assuming that is where people are the most confused. We absolutely love DMC and I love sharing my favorites as a child with my child and seeing the joy on his face as he watches Dumbo fly for the first time etc. Also I love that they offer movies with the digital copies so I can load them up on my iPad, computer and phone for long shopping excursions or long road trips. LOVE LOVE LOVE DMC :)))

NotHappy

Feb 27, 2014 #789077 Dallas, Texas

Their full of *** and will rip you a new *** if you let them.
We signed up under the same impression that we would get x number of movies at a highly discounted price. Under the terms, we would need to purchase x more movies..I was aware of that part. After purchasing the agreed amount of movies to supposedly end the agreement, I get a letter in the mail, stating that I owed them money for yet another movie but problem...I didn't order another movie.
Don't be loured in by this scam. I had change my credit card number because they would charge it automatically, despite having told them to remove it. They continued to send letters that say I owe them money. I've attempted to call and straighten this out but each time they tell me that I am still under contract and still have to select a movie. Wrong, I hold the original contract in my hand to this day and I have met the terms of it.
I'm gonna try and do something about it before they go to the credit agencies and say that I owe them money. I don't owe these criminals a *** thing.
Don't do it!! :(

0 1 Reply
Josh G

Feb 11, 2014 #784347

You can pick the movies. They give you a list of so many. You can not pick any on their site. But, I got to pick the five I wanted.

Two Gun Twombly

Feb 11, 2014 #784304

You not being able to understand the terms of the contract doesn't make it a scam, it makes you someone who can't understand the terms of the contract.

2 0 Reply
untappedsanity

Mar 29, 2013 #629987 Glen Burnie, Maryland

You can pick your movies. You can also decline them ones they offer yu by either mail or email. My problem is this, when I order something through email, it's fine. But ordering by mail is another ing. I ordered 4 big movie collections that are almost 100 dollars. I ordered in November 2012. It is freaking March 2013 and I have not gotten my movies. They took the money out. Two or three times we have called them and they say they are sending them out. They just are not very good about getting orders through e mail. I have the same problem with mystic stamps. The EXACT same thing. Orders over the net are fine, but by mail it is a disaster.

It is not a scan. You just buy the nu,bee of movies in e two year period. Then you get emails sometimes with deals. I just got hunchback of Norte dame 1 and 2 and brother bear 1 and 2 for less an 40 dollars. Much lower than even Amazon was charging. If you sign a contract, you have to pay attention. Just check your mail and email. You can pick from a lot of movies in sir site. But if you order through the mail. You may have a touch time getting your order. :)

Oddball

Jan 13, 2013 #593363 Omaha, Nebraska

Tell pissed off that it is time to change his or her ***
Diaper. This person is so full of *** it is a
Miracle that they can sleep all night without
Gang banging the :zzz the roommates
. dog ! As a format Green Beret I would just love to kick some sence into
Dumb *** head . Yes Iam a combat soliderPay it forward ***. You are the one that even Redneck's would kick your *** for being that dumb ! I stand with southern pride dumb ***. Must be a *** dumbest Yankee who would try to kick some sence into what ever brain matter is scuttle left between the space you call brain .
!

Maxumis Alvarez

Oct 07, 2012 #552060

hahah DMC Sucks ***.. why.. Hmm i did a offer that i'll get somewhat credits for a MMo i play online and i thought it was just gonna be cheap Movies but it was for Blueray..TBH.. my advice... is.. Change ur bank account.. Close ur bank account..once they see that ur not paying for the movies.. they will cancel ur account.. and stop mailing you .. Worked for me... but i did also called and did couple of complaints.. so that should be cleared... up its been like 1-2 years.. have not herd a work from them.. Nor do i want to.. cus i just don't like disney.

Apr 12, 2013 #636596 Broomfield, Colorado

If your going to complain maybe you should atleast learn how to spell, just saying. :grin

1 0 Reply
Kenny

Jun 16, 2012 #496866

No matter how you spin it. Any policy allowing the sending items without consent but charging money is an act of scam.

1234567890

Jan 07, 2013 #590282 Oak Harbor, Washington

Yeah, except it's not a scam because it's clearly stated in their agreement. If you don't opt out of that month's featured movie by mailing the card back or doing it online, they will assume you want that movie. Is it their fault you didn't say no in the clearly stated timeframe? No, it's not.

1 0 Reply
sara

Jan 10, 2013 #591915 Hillsboro, Missouri

I totally agree with kenny they charged me for a featured movie of the month witch i declined and when they took the money off my debit card there wasn't enough money in the account to cover the movie and now i have to pay for my account being overdrawn because of these ********.

dvc member

Mar 03, 2012 #441964

It's not bad, but everytime I go online the website says its down. It's starting to get annoying. Otherwise its great being a member.

Stefanie

Feb 09, 2012 #426116

I am a member of DMC and love it! I have not had a single issue as yet. I had the opportunity to review all of the terms and conditions before signing up. If you fail to research a club thoroughly, it's not a wonder when little "surprises" pop-up. However, all of the rules, conditions, etc. are outlined for you. You need to click the links and read them thoroughly. Shame shame on all of you who failed to do so and would push the blame onto someone else.

2 0 Reply
Adam L

Jan 24, 2012 #415535

I am not sure what problems you are having with them. I have been a member for a long time now with no problems. It says on the card please respond by a certain date to refuse this title. It's not rocket science if you can read. If you forget, just right refused on the package and stick it back in the mailbox. They always refund me promptly, you can also cancel that featured title online.
I have never had a problem and will continue to be a member. Never know when a good deal may come around.

Happy DMC customer

Jan 24, 2012 #415221 Jouy-En-Josas, Ile-De-France

Can't believe these folks don't understand what a "club" means. I have been a DMC member for several years and am very happy not only with their website, but also their customer service. The are constantly sending free stickers in the posted package and give us free pins with full price purchases! A couple of times I declined the featured title via their website and was still sent the dvd. I simply "returned to sender" without opening it and was credited that amount right away. Remember- they also send out the additional paper package as a reminder to select the title! Seems easy enough to me.

DMC Member Advocate

Jan 22, 2012 #414107

That is correct, as long as you are a member of the Disney Movie Club, you must still respond to the Featured Title decisions per your Membership Agreement. If you have fulfilled your commitment you may cancel your membership via phone call or in writing. At this time there is no option to cancel on the website. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at memberadvocate@movieclubinfo.com. Thank you!
Priscilla
Member Advocate
Disney Movie Club

Hobbitt97

Jan 16, 2012 #410225

The account CAN NOT be cancelled on the website beside instructions on how to do so online. Also, discs are sent to you even after meeting the commitment if you do not decline. I called to cancel an order in process, to get credit back, to complain to management, and to cancel the account. I have also notified the BBB.

Amber

Nov 09, 2011 #371817

I just joined Disney Movie Club through a pop-up ad which I'm assuming is somehow affiliated with Disney. I am already extremely annoyed. First, they charged me for the additional movie that I did NOT CHOOSE. I was supposed to be charged approximately $12 plush shipping, not $24. Also, the entire terms and conditions were not outlined on the form, and I looked that thing over backwards, forwards and sideways. Nowhere did it mention that my credit card would be charged if I didn't respond to the featured title. Speaking of, where is this mythical featured title card? And where the heck do I opt out on the website? I fully expect to be charged and have a movie sent without ever having an option to opt out. Then, when I send it back it will get "lost in the mail." This is how much I distrust your company already, and this is what I get for following a whim instead of passing on by like I have with the millions of pieces of Disney junk mail I've tossed in the trash since my daughter was born.

I'm going to fulfill my four movie obligation tonight and say bye bye to your unscrupulous company. Also, no planned trips to Disneyworld. I don't support scammers. Shame, shame.

1-20 of 24 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Disney Movie Club.
Filing a new complaint about
×